- Certified: Halls manufactured in accordance with the EN 1090-2 standard and having CE certificate.
- Fully customisable: Clear span widths from 8-50 metres+ with unlimited length. The cover of a standard tent hall is made entirely of thick PVC material. The walls of the hall can also be made of trapezoidal sheet and insulation board.
- Resistant and durable: Construction of a single-aisle, hot-dip galvanized grid, calculated for maximum snow-wind loads in accordance with EUROCODE standards.
- Two roof types: The roof structure can be two or multi-hipped.
Structures of multi-hipped steel halls comprise of a single bay framework with spans in the light (at the base level on the outer contour) of 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 m and side wall height of 3/ 4/5/6/8m. Halls are made in the steel truss structure technology, with modular bays spaced every 3/4/5 m. Transverse stability of the structure is provided by framework designed as double-joint, while longitudinal stability by braces of steel ropes and bracing. Beams carrying the load of wind pressure on gable walls are designed additionally in gable frames.
Support frames are made of structural steel S 355, of rectangular and square profiles, and C-rail profiles. Roof and gable wall covering is made of polyester fabric coated with PVC on both sides, tightly stretched on steel profiles mounted to the main structure. The fabric is non-flammable approved, and is resistant to temperature from -30 to +70 degrees C, with a tear strength of 250N, and a tensile strength of 2000N/5cm.
The PVC cover mounted to the frame imposes to additional loads on the structure. Ensuring the highest quality standards of components and materials used, as well as the correct structural calculations is therefore paramount. All components in Steel Span buildings are protected against corrosion by hot galvanising on both sides, according to the standard ISO 1461. Bolted connections are made with the use of bolts in grade 8.8, which is an indicator of the strength and robustness of the structures.
All Steel Span industrial buildings are manufactured in accordance to UK Building Regulation code BS 6399 engineering for both wind and snow. They are precision manufactured utilising the latest in CNC (computer numerically controlled) engineering equipment ensuring the finest degree of finish.
The lifetime of the halls depends on proper use, periodic inspections and maintenance. The load-bearing structures, trapezoidal sheets and sandwich panels are designed to retain their parameters for at least 30 years, while the PVC outer sheeting allows for 10-15 years of use.
Halls offered by Steel Span, depending on the purpose may be equipped with sectional, rolling or double-leaf door, and additional emergency/pedestrian door. The hall cover may be equipped with windows made of transparent PVC foil and air vents. Halls do not require foundations, which reduces the cost of the planned investment. As standard, halls are equipped with 1 main entrance gate with dimensions of 4 x 4m and 1 emergency door 2 x 1m, however this specification can be modified to suit your requirements. There are also a variety of different colours to choose from.
- Manual Roller Shutter Doors – a manually operated steel roller shutter door is 4.8m wide by 3.6m clearance.
- Pedestrian Fire Doors – a single pedestrian fire exit door is 1m x 2m
- Electric Roller Shutter Doors – electrically operated steel roller shutter door 4.8m wide by 3.5m clearance.
Other types and sizes of door available, for example speed doors Enquire now